Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Import from vBulletin issue with quotes in salt

I am trying to export a vBulletin 4 database into a Vanailla 2.1.5 fresh installation using Vanilla Porter. I'm running into an issue where there are quotes in the salt field, which is causing the fields to not be delineated correctly. Getting this error message:

Row 1 doesn't contain data for all columns|Gdn_Database|Query|load data infile '[path to file]User.txt' into table GDN_zUser character set utf8 columns terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '"' escaped by '\' lines terminated by '\n' ignore 1 lines

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• You can file an issue here

https://github.com/vanilla/porter/issues

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@lfolco The porter should escape quotes. I've never seen this issue before. Are you using the latest version of the porter?

• yes, i'm using the latest version. when i look at the files that vanilla is using to import, i'm seeing that the quotes are escaped with backslashes, but still getting the error.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

I'm running into an issue where there are quotes in the salt field, which is causing the fields to not be delineated correctly

can you post an example of a line from user.txt with improper columns.

you can change sensitive info - but note which column you changed,

what version number is the latest version. your idea of latest might not coincide with lincoln's concept of latest.

always good to post version numbers or programs (i.e. porter) so you know your in the same frame of reference.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I'm wondering if it's actually quotes now: i pared down the user file and tried to run it directly in mysql and i'm getting the same error:

UserID:int,Name:varchar(20),Email:varchar(200),Title:varchar(100),RankID:int,HourOffset:int,LastIPAddress:varchar(15),InviteUserID:int,InsertIPAddress:varchar(15),Password:varbinary(100),DateOfBirth:datetime,DateFirstVisit:datetime,DateLastActive:datetime,DateInserted:datetime,DateUpdated:datetime,Photo:varchar(255),Banned:tinyint,HashMethod:varchar(10) "1","Admin","test@example.com","Administrator",1,"0","","0","","cdce1bf79f807370a1ade1749d64|~z/zY~eUIklQ}0^s!27O]tZ=8qfGe","0000-00-00","2014-07-15 08:18:05","2014-10-24 08:10:52","2014-07-15 08:18:05","2014-10-27 04:57:36",\N,"0","vbulletin"

• out of curiosity change

the \N

to ""

and try it.

its the only one without quotes.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I tried that! Didn't work :(

• maybe lincoln would let you send him your database, to see if it is a problem with porter.

lincoln and x00 are the porter experts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

@lfolco said:
    I'm wondering if it's actually quotes now: i pared down the user file and tried to run it directly in mysql and i'm getting the same error:

UserID:int,Name:varchar(20),Email:varchar(200),Title:varchar(100),RankID:int,HourOffset:int,LastIPAddress:varchar(15),InviteUserID:int,InsertIPAddress:varchar(15),Password:varbinary(100),DateOfBirth:datetime,DateFirstVisit:datetime,DateLastActive:datetime,DateInserted:datetime,DateUpdated:datetime,Photo:varchar(255),Banned:tinyint,HashMethod:varchar(10) "1","Admin","test@example.com","Administrator",1,"0","","0","","cdce1bf79f807370a1ade1749d64|~z/zY~eUIklQ}0^s!27O]tZ=8qfGe","0000-00-00","2014-07-15 08:18:05","2014-10-24 08:10:52","2014-07-15 08:18:05","2014-10-27 04:57:36",\N,"0","vbulletin"

you would get a different error, since line 1 can't be used depending on how you import manually and the create table database structure has to exist.

maybe lincoln would let you send him your database, to see if it is a problem with porter.

lincoln and x00 are the porter experts.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@lfolco What is the exact, entire query you attempted to run manually?

• LOAD DATA INFILE '[path]/vanilla/uploads/import/User.txt' INTO TABLE GDN_zUser CHARACTER SET utf8 COLUMNS
    TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' ESCAPED BY '\' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n' IGNORE 1 LINES;

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

What is the structure of your GDN_zUser? Can you give me the CREATE TABLE syntax?

• CREATE TABLE GDN_zUser ( UserID int(11) DEFAULT NULL, Name varchar(50) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, Email varchar(200) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, Title varchar(100) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, RankID int(11) DEFAULT NULL, HourOffset int(11) DEFAULT NULL, LastIPAddress varchar(39) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, InviteUserID int(11) DEFAULT NULL, InsertIPAddress varchar(39) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, Password varbinary(100) DEFAULT NULL, DateOfBirth datetime DEFAULT NULL, DateFirstVisit datetime DEFAULT NULL, DateLastActive datetime DEFAULT NULL, DateInserted datetime DEFAULT NULL, DateUpdated datetime DEFAULT NULL, Photo varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, Banned tinyint(4) DEFAULT NULL, HashMethod varchar(10) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, _NewID int(11) DEFAULT NULL, _Action enum('Insert','Update') COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

you are missing these in your columns info aren't you?

_NewID int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
    _Action enum('Insert','Update') COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL

but then again I know nothing about porter, so I may be running interference.

• yep! i suspected that would be it, but i'm not familiar enough with vanilla yet to know for sure. the table gets created whenever i start the import. when i cancel/restart the import, the table gets deleted (along with a few other GDN_z* tables).

i tried doing the sql import, but it complained that i was missing the GDN_zUser table.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

The additional columns should be irrelevant because they have a valid default set.

This is the correct SQL query:

LOAD DATA INFILE '/Users/Linc/Desktop/Users.txt' INTO TABLE GDN_zUser CHARACTER SET utf8 COLUMNS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' ESCAPED BY '\\' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n' IGNORE 1 LINES;

Notice the double \. Otherwise you are escaping the terminating single quote.

The raw code is:

$Sql = "load data infile $Path into table $Tablename
             character set utf8
             columns terminated by ','
             optionally enclosed by '\"'
             escaped by '\\\\'
             lines terminated by '\\n'
             ignore 1 lines";
          $this->Query($Sql);

Notice the \\ which should cycle down to just \ for SQL. How you end up with only a single backslash is beyond my depth for guessing off the top of my head.

• When i run the correct sql query, though, it doesn't work; i get the same error message.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Are you importing on a Windows box?

• no, a mac.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Try these things, 1 at a time:

• Check your txt file for extra line breaks.
    • Change the \N (for the Photo field) to "".
    • Change lines terminated by '\n' to lines terminated by '\r\n'.