Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Youtube "disappears" in 2.0.18.14

edited November 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello everyone,

I just updated my forum (www.crisisforums.org) to 2.0.18.14, and everything seems to work great except for one thing - all Youtube links, which formerly automatically embedded, no longer appear. Not even the link appears.

For example:

http://www.crisisforums.org/discussion/25358/day-of-rage-clashes-erupt-as-palestinians-protest-israel-al-aqsa-mosque-restrictions

Here, the poster shared a video, but it's no where to be seen. Is there anything I can do to fix this situation?

Thank you for your time and help.

Comments

• Options

have you just tried posting a link to the youtube video without embedding it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited November 2014

@peregrine said:
    have you just tried posting a link to the youtube video without embedding it.

Indeed I have, and created a test thread for that:

http://www.crisisforums.org/discussion/25362/test

It's peculiar. I don't understand why they're suddenly not appearing anymore. It's a big problem because Youtube videos consist of a large number of posts on our site.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

on my test forum 2.1.5 with buttonbar plugin it works, I don't use vanilla 2.0.18.14 so i can't test. And I suspect fewer and fewer people will be able to test versions of vanilla 2.0.18.x as it moves into oblivion at the end of the year.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Fair enough.

I've taken the leap and am currently attempting to upgrade to 2.1.5. Wish me luck.

• Options

good luck, come back if you have issues.

• Options
    edited November 2014

@peregrine said:
    good luck, come back if you have issues.

Amazingly, it worked without a hitch! Thanks for help. I'll return as I fiddle around with the new set up.