Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Forum Multisites

I have searched online but couldn't find any instruction on how to install multiple forums, with vanilla (single sign on). Have tried jsconnet but was stuck when i got to the authenticate url. Anyone knows, how to connect multiple vanilla forums with jsconnect or anyway.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

Could you describe in more detail, what you are trying to do?

Do you want to run multiple forums from the same source, like a farm, or are you trying to connect 2 or more vanilla forums with jsconnect?

Afaik, there is no option for vanilla to be the "master" application which provides user auth, yet, but there are multiple examples of how to authenticate against vanilla from outside, which could be used to build a connector for jsconnect.

Apart from that, I'd recommend just using categories, not multiple forums.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

To clarify, you want to use the user base of one Vanilla install to log into another Vanilla install?

Not sure I have ever seen this request before. This shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight‌ exactly what I want to do. But I know nothing about coding. All I want is like a multiple forums with SSO but like bleistivt said, if its not possible I could use categories.

• Options

@sodiq55 what benefit would you get from doing this? What are you actually trying to do?

As in a lot of cases categories might actually be better.

Is this all under one domain?

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I am also thinking that categories approach would probably be better.

Do you want to use a different theme per forum?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight yes, i would like to use different theme. OR is it also possible to use different theme per categories.''Please pardon me, I know little about coding''.