Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Add HTML to Sidebar

Pretty simple idea. You have an Add HTML to Sidebar Add-On which creates a text box in your administration settings for you to put whatever the hell you want in. Perhaps a choice of having it at the top or bottom would be nice too. If the user breaks it, it's their fault.

Possible uses:
Add some random text!
Add a link or two!
Ad a list of sponsors (what I would use it for).
Grow your own chia pet!!

Just thought I'd throw that out there, probably wouldn't be too devestating to create.

Comments

• Options
    It's easy to add HTML to the sidebar: $Panel->AddString("Random quote!!");
    There are lots of scripts out there which show how you can get a random string from a file, mysql or an external source.
  • Options
    Yeah, I could easily manage it on my own, but I'm thinking more for people that aren't so tech savvy. I think the easier it is do anything the more people are going to want to pick up Vanilla. But if there's not interest for this one, that's fine :)
  • Options
    No, I think that would make a good extension for, as you say, those not so code-savy.
  • Options
    agreed, great idea for an extension
  • Options
    I'll do it when that guy releases his classes for making settings pages...
  • Options
    How do I add the headers like "Categories" and "Feeds" with the line below it. Anyone know the code to add that easily into the panel? That's all I need to complete my new extension.
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    <<deleted duplicate posting>>
  • Options
    I'm gonna guess if you put <ul> and </ul> tags around the thing you're adding (i.e. betwen the title and the content) it will do it (guessing based on the view-source on the panel here. If it doesnt work dont shoot me!)
  • Options
    Actually, I dug into the source code and its an <h2> </h2> that accomplishes that. I'm still working on the highlight hovering effect. Wish I knew how to do that.
  • Options
    See my post in your other thread. Does that work?
  • Options
    Minisweeper, Well, it doesn't show up in the side panel. But it doesn't come back with any errors, so I guess thats a good sign I'm on the right track.
  • Options
    Anyone know if there is an add-on that does this? Allows HTML in the sidebar? How do I do that for a little customization?
  • Options
    Nuggets will work for vanilla 1, but I don't know about vanilla 2
  • Options
    I'm using 1.1.9 I'll try Nuggets then, thanks
  • Options
    You are welcome... ^_^