Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Issue witihTip for Memebrs List Enhanced

whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
edited November 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This discussion was created from comments split from: Tip: Using plugin with vanilla 2.1 tpl based themes e.g. Bootstrap.

Comments here relate to a user specifies issue not a general one.

Comments

• Options
    piotrnlpiotrnl New
    edited November 2014

Trying this on 2.1 with Bootstrap: click "Members" / "Forumleden" in the top menu. Any thoughts ? http://audi-a2.nl/

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

@piotrnl said:
    Trying this on 2.1 with Bootstrap: click "Members" / "Forumleden" in the top menu. Any thoughts ? http://audi-a2.nl/

and your question is what?

with the above change logged in users will see the Members option in Bootstrap theme.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Did you click the link ? When you click "Forumleden" (members) it says "Whoops not found" and the menu items display twice.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

no, I didn't test your site, nor did I log into your site. I am just saying it works on bootstrap (if you follow the comment about the custom_menu in the tpl). It also works in default themes I have tried without issue.

disable the plugin from the dashboard and re-enable as the plugin works fine on my site.
    see the instructions in the descriptions of the plugin and the readme.

if you still have a problem, disable the plugin, reinstall the plugin, and re-enable the plugin via the dashboard settings.

Bootstrap theme.

As far as other enhancements, or working with user modified plugins, I don't usually do that without sponsorship.

This discussion by the way is How to get the members menu item to display in the Bootstrap theme.

you have a completely unrelated question and /or problem.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    piotrnlpiotrnl New
    edited November 2014

It works to that point. The custom menu item is added to the menu. When I click that new menu item i am taken to "Whooops does not exist" and on that page the entire menu is duplicated.

The duplication of the menu is because it doesn't play nice with the extrapage-plugin, when I disable this plugin the menu is no longer duplicated. I still see the Whooops-page.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

For me, it works perfectly fine and co-exists fine with extrapage plugin. I just downloaded both and they both work fine in bootstrap. enabled both via the dashboard and set the permissions correctly. and then changed the tpl as indicated above in the TIP.

please re-read the plugin descriptions and readme's. then read them again. and then one more time!