Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Currently using HTML for posts, but [ul] etc has a lot of unnecessary [br /]s in it

msikmamsikma New
edited November 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

(Changed < to [ in the title because it was screwing things up.) :)

Is there any way I can fix this? e.g. a simple list, such as this one:

<ul> <li>a</li> <li>b</li> </ul>

Produces the following:

<ul><br> <li>a</li><br> <li>b</li><br> </ul>

Or possibly I should just stop using HTML, and switch my forum over to something else? Any recommendations? (There's only a few posts right now so I can easily edit them. I do kinda like Markdown.)

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

with html as your formatter, thats because you have line breaks in the list

it would need to be

<ul><li>a</li><li>b</li></ul>

• a
    • b

vs.

<ul> <li>a</li> <li>b</li> </ul>

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Yeah, that's true, but it would be pretty awful to have to type all my HTML on one line.

Is there a fix for this that would permit multiline HTML, or should I go with some post input plugin?

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited November 2014

Switching the InputFormatter to Markdown should fix that. You will lose soft line breaks though, but you can try if this plugin works for you: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/214137/#Comment_214137