Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

settings don't save

Hello,
I have a problem with vanilla forums version 2.1.6.
I try to upload a banner logo and change the language, but everytime i press save ( which doesn't give an error ) and go to another tab and go back to banner or locales.
The settings are back to default, the banner logo dissapeared and the language went back to english.

any solution to this?

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I can think of two reasons: either you (your server) cannot write to /conf/config.php or you are using some caching software (APC/OpCache)

• Options

This problem was happening to me as well. Couldn't update any settings and not getting an error message. No caching software.

The permissions on that folder are as open as you can get at 777, but still wasn't able to update. Then I checked the permission on the actual config.php file, and they were set to 775. I changed to 777, and it fixed it.

Not sure what security issues I might have opened myself up to, but if anyone has another solution, I'd love to hear it.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@internic99 said:
    This problem was happening to me as well. Couldn't update any settings and not getting an error message. No caching software.

The permissions on that folder are as open as you can get at 777, but still wasn't able to update. Then I checked the permission on the actual config.php file, and they were set to 775. I changed to 777, and it fixed it.

Not sure what security issues I might have opened myself up to, but if anyone has another solution, I'd love to hear it.

Change the ownership of the file to the user that runs your PHP interpreter. E.g. chown www-data:www-data /conf/config.php wheren www-data is your user and group.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.