Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Getting Plugins to Enable with CloudFlare

I'm using CloudFlare to help accellerate my Vanilla forum, and it seems to work wonderfully... with the exception of enabling new plugins. I'll hit the enable button over, and over, and over... and sometimes it will eventually work. And sometimes it doesn't.

I have to disable CloudFlare, enable the plugin, then re-enable CloudFlare.

Am I the only one having this problem, and does anyone have any suggestions for a better workaround?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I think it is because CloudFlare caches your files. If you hit enable only once and wait long enough, you'll see that it has been enabled but you were looking at the cached version of the page

• I am going to try adding a Page Rule in CloudFlare to disable the cache (and everything else CloudFlare does) for http://www.example.net/forums/settings/*

That's what I did for some of my WordPress sites that were having issues in the Admin area, too.

I'll update if it works.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Maybe you can also exclude /conf directory? Don't know if it is useful/possible but that's the folder where the config files resides

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

I use CloudFlare.

I haven't had exactly this issue, but I have found sometimes that I have to go to the Disabled Plugins tab to enable a plugin.

That seems to work when I am having trouble.