Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Installation error: Unknown storage engine 'innodb'

Hi,
I was able to install Wordpress without any problem. But when I try to install Vanilla in its folder (mysite.com/forum), enter the database info, I get this error:

Unknown storage engine 'innodb'|Gdn_Database|Query|create table GDN_Role ( RoleID int not null auto_increment, Name varchar(100) not null, Description varchar(500), Sort int, Deletable tinyint not null default 1, CanSession tinyint not null default 1, primary key (RoleID) ) engine=innodb default character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci;

The database is new and empty and the password is correct.

Any solution?

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

your host needs to support innodb.

check with your host provider.

this will show you waht your host supports....

go to phpmyadmin

type

show engines

some lower end hosts do not support innodb

innodb engine is required for vanilla to work.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Looks like MySql failed to initialize. Try to stop mysql ,delete the mysql log files, restart mysql, the stuff below is an example of what the files look like and the command to remove stop and start may differ depending on your setup.

/etc/init.d/mysql stop
        mv /var/lib/mysql/ib_logfile0 /var/lib/mysql/ib_logfile0.bak
        mv /var/lib/mysql/ib_logfile1 /var/lib/mysql/ib_logfile1.bak

/etc/init.d/mysql start