Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can't connect with Twitter

So, I got sign in with Twitter working but can't connect to it in social in profile. Here's the site: mmo4teen.com/forums. Can anyone help me ?

Comments

• Options

Anyone ?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

All I can say is that I have it working on my site. I seem to recall having to change the API url to use 1.1, but that was a long time ago.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    All I can say is that I have it working on my site. I seem to recall having to change the API url to use 1.1, but that was a long time ago.

Ah, it looks like it works in non embed but the embed version it doesn't do anything.

• Options

Has anyone manage to make it work in embed ?

• Options

I know embedding is always seen as a last resort around here. Sorry :(

Anyone else can chime in of course.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    I know embedding is always seen as a last resort around here. Sorry :(

Anyone else can chime in of course.

Thanks anyway. But I also think that you guys really need to work on embeding, I've seen tons of problem with it. Even the Wordpress plugin has a problem that HAS a fix on github but no one implemented it in the plugin.

• Options

@Gogito said:
    Thanks anyway. But I also think that you guys really need to work on embeding, I've seen tons of problem with it. Even the Wordpress plugin has a problem that HAS a fix on github but no one implemented it in the plugin.

Just to be clear, I am not an employee of Vanilla Forums Inc. and this is all speculation on my part.

That is a problem with no developer incentive. Embedding requires you to load entire forum framework on a page that is probably already rendered via a framework (e.g. WP). So you essentially double your resource load with every page view. This is why it is considered a last resort.

Embedding seems like a great idea and is easy to get started with. Then you come across a lot of issues that are only present when embedding. So, do you spend more time working around these corner cases for embedding (which is not recommended for technical reasons), or do you focus on making the actual product better?

Not trying to harp on anyone that chooses to go the embedded route, just trying to provide some context as to why embedding is probably not a priority.

Search first

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    Not trying to harp on anyone that chooses to go the embedded route, just trying to provide some context as to why embedding is probably not a priority.

You've got a point. Anyway, I have to ask this, does link from and to embed and the from and to the actual forum differ ? If so, there migh be a problem with the callback URl form Twitter.

• Options

Anyone figured this out yet ? I've tried looking everywhere from Twitter to core file but my limited skills aren't helping. :s

• Options
    GogitoGogito New
    edited May 2015

Hm, the weird thing is that it G+ and Fb are working fine. And messing with the URL in twitter app give various result.