Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

how to change the landing page?

Hi, anyone can tell me where to change the default landing page? When I type "www.mydomain.com/forum/", it goes to "www.mydomain.com/forum/blog3.php" which the page never exists, instead going to "www.mydomain.com/forum/index.php"

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2014

what is your forum address?

www.yoursite.com/forum is what the url should be

It lands by default on the discussions index page www.yoursite.com/forum/discussions . To change that to something else you change the Routes in the dashboard. See the video tutorials.

• This to do with your server rule rather then vanilla which has no such URL.

grep is your friend.

• @vrijvlinder said:
    what is your forum address?

www.yoursite.com/forum is what the url should be

It lands by default on the discussions index page www.yoursite.com/forum/discussions . To change that to something else you change the Routes in the dashboard. See the video tutorials.

Routes only work if you reach the framework, they can't control the server as a whole.

grep is your friend.

I thought if you want to change the default controller you do that in the dashboard ....

You can also make the categories the Home/landing page.

But first fix how you installed this.

• @rebeccakwchau said:
    Hi, anyone can tell me where to change the default landing page? When I type "www.mydomain.com/forum/", it goes to "www.mydomain.com/forum/blog3.php" which the page never exists, instead going to "www.mydomain.com/forum/index.php"

are you embedded? if so that could be issue.

also you probably have a faulty rule in either nginx rules, or .htaccess depending on your webserver.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks for all your comments. I think it is about the server issue

Lampray Lips, we thank you for letting us know... I bet 10 bucks it was an htaccess issue and more or less lost and won !! How about that ?!

Thanks again <3