Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

GMail SMTP Configuration Not working

@peregrine‌
I Configured my Vanilla so as to send mail using GMail SMTP , Here is my configuraton screeen, But mails are not sending ,

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

not sure why you mention me but you might want to read this and follow up on how you solve your other issues

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/222770/#Comment_222770

Is there a reason why you don't follow up with how you solved things in your other posts and explain what you did, instead of saying resolved, so it helps other people besides yourself.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• yea i was using this before , this failed aftert migrating to this server only

• gmail mail is a bad choice for transactional mail, they will shut you down pretty much straight away.

gmail doesn’t like to be used that way, so even if you get it working it will not work for long. There is a maximum you can send per minute/day, and they use other method to filter out transactional mail.

grep is your friend.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

I would also upgrade to vanilla 2.1.6

if you are using vanilla 2.1.6 - learn how to post in the Vanilla 2.1 help category.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yup, Gmail isn't really suitable for that kind of stuff. Try Mandrill !