Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Group categories

Hello,

Im new here and first time using Vanilla Forum for me. So far everything looks nice!

I have a question regarding grouping categories. I have googled and digged into the admin panel, but haven't found anything that solves my wish.

I want to group categories just like it is done at AgileBits Forum (https://discussions.agilebits.com/), is there a built in option I haven't found or is there a solution for this as a plugin/app?

Greetings Fredrik

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

you might try the home page options in dashboard. mixed layout. and categories as home page.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks for answer!

As shown on the image below it now groups the threads and not the categories (where 1 and 2 are threads in the above category). The layout looks nice, although I want to group the categories.

Any other suggestion?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

You can have sub-categories.

In Dashboard, go to Forum - Categories.

Click and drag a sub-forum below and slightly to the right of the main category title

You can set it so that the top category is a heading only (no content) by clicking the radio button at the top of that page.

It then looks like this on the Categories page

• Worked like a charm. Thanks!