Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Moving from vBulletin to Vanilla, "Something has gone wrong" error after import

lepellepel New
edited January 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to Vanilla forums and wanted to switch from my vBulletin 4.2.0 installation to Vanilla 2.1.6. With the porter script it looked like it would be a breeze but sadly wasn't.

I have exported all data from my vBulletin forum correctly, moved that forum to a new folder, uploaded Vanilla to the old vBulletin folder, installed it and then imported the exported .txt into Vanilla. The import finished without any errors. The admin panel works fine but when I go to the forum itself I get a big frowny face and the message "Something has gone wrong. We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now. Please check back in a little while."

Does anyone have advice on how to fix this? If I can't make my vBulletin export work with Vanilla I'll have to look for a different alternative.

Comments