Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Rejected Applicants

Is there some plugin that will email rejected applicants to let them know they weren't accepted to the community? I've searched the addons but couldn't find anything.

...waits for RJ to respond... ;)

Answers

• This would only cause more spam from spam applicants.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited January 2015

my rejection email would read like this:

Dear Schmutzmeister,

You were rejected from joining our exclusive forum based on your sad looking income which you lied about in the application. Tax declarations are public info...

Get a job.

Sincerely , god.

• :(

Is there anything on the horizon for a feature such as this? We reject applicants who fail to provide enough information to join our community. They SHOULD be smart enough to read the breadcrumb trail of requirements we ask of them up front, but in case they don't a rejection letter letting them know they failed seems like it might be nice to have and I doubt it would cause us that much more spam.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Sicnus said:
    :(

Is there anything on the horizon for a feature such as this? We reject applicants who fail to provide enough information to join our community. They SHOULD be smart enough to read the breadcrumb trail of requirements we ask of them up front, but in case they don't a rejection letter letting them know they failed seems like it might be nice to have and I doubt it would cause us that much more spam.

Since you want to tell them why they are rejected, compose the email yourself.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.