Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Developer Marketplace?

I am currently doing a project on a digital product marketplace. so I thought it will be a good idea to set a free marketplace for vanilla developers. Before I finish my project I will like to know the opinions of you people. Its just a marketplace where developer can sell their addons for their price or free. please let me know if you support this.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Thanks for wanting to help the destitute ;)

This has come up before. But it is hard to get consensus . Most people would love the idea if it somehow proved more profitable than their prior efforts.

hfb a member here created a similar thing like an auction house for developers to auction their wares. I had my profile up with some of my themes for about a year and sold nothing. Not even for a dollar. Maybe because it is not enough to put your wares up for sale. You need to advertise and market the product and the place where they buy it is secondary. First the demand has to be there.

This is a very niche oriented software and there are already outlets that provide premium addons for vanilla.

Then there is the licensing issue. Which is probably the most serious part of the whole thing. Because every addon is somehow related to other addons by virtue of the framework and the licensing for all of these branches of the product can be a problem.

It's like being in a band of highly creative people with little business sense if the coders are not already professionals .

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Check out the community repo for ideas and to see what we currently have: https://github.com/vanilla/community

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.