Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I want to enable Advanced Notifications for Members

Hi, I'm running Vanilla 2.1.8 and I'd like users to have access to the "Advanced Category Notifications" that the admin user has. I notice in the dashboard under "Edit Role" there appears to be an option to enable AdvancedNotifications, but when I check it and hit save and come back to the role, I see it is left unchecked. This seems to be true of any of the "Garden" permissions, but not of the "Default Category Permissions".

Any idea why I can't get the settings to save OR what approach I should take to set them?

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2015

You probably need to run /utility/update. Permissions are not saving because the database table is messed up.

I strongly recommend against granting that permission to all members unless your forum is less than 100 users. It generates a terrific number of emails, which most servers will not be able to handle at scale, causing timeouts. It is intended for admins and moderators only.