Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

JsConnect is resetting user Roles

Hey guys,

JsConnect tied with Vanilla is a dream come true.

One issue I'm having though is this: If users login with JsConnect, their roles are getting reset to the basic. So if I assign one of my administrators as an administrator, the second he logs in, it resets his role to standard.

I can't for the life of me work out why it's doing this.

I've done a search but couldn't find this coming up anywhere else.

Comments

• Options
    JasonBarnabeJasonBarnabe Cynical Salamander ✭✭

What are you jsConnecting to?

• Options

Js is connecting to Wordpress sorry guys forgot to mention that :)

• Options
    JasonBarnabeJasonBarnabe Cynical Salamander ✭✭

Have you checked the box in jsConnect's options regarding it being a trusted provider that can sync roles?

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Assuming you've done as Jason describes above, the issue is likely that your role names do not match between platforms, so I suspect Vanilla is falling back to the default role when it cannot find a match.

• Options

Ahh Linc, I didn't know I needed to have the exact same roles in Wordpress as well. So can I simply create wordpress memberships with an identical name, and that will do the trick?

For the record, that box you suggested Jason, that is indeed checked.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@djdante said:
    So can I simply create wordpress memberships with an identical name, and that will do the trick?

Pretty sure, yes, it's just doing a name-to-name lookup. Changing the Vanilla role names (the opposite) would have the same effect.

• Options

Fantastic, that worked a complete treat! Thanks so much.