Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[SOLVED] Imported Vanilla 1 to Vanilla 2, now can't see comments

edited February 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Afternoon, all.

Used the vanilla2export.php tool to export my Vanilla 1 forum, then the Import tool on the newly installed Vanilla 2 forum to get everything back. All the users are there, all the categories are there, I've set the permissions again... I can see all of the categories, all of the discussions, but none of the comments underneath them! It tells me, for example, that a discussion has 6 comments - I click on it and I get a blank page.

Help?

[Update]

Enabled Debug as suggested elsewhere, now getting:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding()

So I'm guessing it's a server issue.

Enabling the php_mbstring.dll extension in php.ini and restarting IIS fixed this. I know, I know, running it on a Windows server, what do you expect but problems.

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@DetectiveClayton

Welcome to the community.

Thanks for taking the time to share the solution.

• to be honest those problem are more associated with php installations than windows, there are several linux distros, that do not include common extension in their packages, and there good arguments for that.

grep is your friend.