Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Help Setting up Outgoing Email

Ok I've searched the FAQ's and the forums and cannot find this asked before.

I just need to make sure I'm setting this up correctly because my users aren't getting their confirmation email, which is obviously a big problem.

Here's what I have:

For SMTP user & password, what would I put there? My login credentials that I use to login to my email?

Best Answer

Answers

• More than likely you would use your login credentials for e-mail. What hosting provider are you using? Some may block smpt from going out from their server.

• @SomeGuyInCali I use Zoho Mail.

• Ok I've contacted my host for help and they told me everything that I should put in these slots, but my confirm emails still aren't being sent. Can anyone please help with this?

• @Skisma said:
    Ok I've contacted my host for help and they told me everything that I should put in these slots, but my confirm emails still aren't being sent. Can anyone please help with this?

Yes, contact your host and tell them emails aren't being sent.

• @Anonymoose said:
    Yes, contact your host and tell them emails aren't being sent.

Well I already have and they told me what to put in those fields. I can send and receive emails from skisma@forgehaven.com, so it's not a problem with that. My Wordpress datsbase sends emails just fine, so it's something with vanilla.

• jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015

already checked in the spambox? maybe mails are going straightly to the spambox because i see you use port 465 and mails are forwarded to your gmail account?

• Thanks for the tips guys! I'll give that a shot @whu606

• AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited February 2015

I started using smtp and a dedicated mail server after a few people complained that mail from the main site was going right into the spam box.

It all depends on your particular setup which server is cleaner to use. There is nothing wrong with either approach.