Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Email notification not working

Email notifications are not working:
Notify me when people comment on my discussions.
Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.
Notify me when people mention me.

When users set those Notification Preferences, they are not receiving any notifications.

My e-mail system is working because new users do get the signup confirmation emails.

This is 2.1.8.p2. Before I upgraded, they were getting notices for bookmarked discussions, but the follow up comments have never worked.

Are there settings in the config file that need to be set? My users are up in arms over this issue! Help!

Comments

• Options
    rasteronrasteron forum.rastercode.com ✭✭

Works ok for me, but I'm using another smtp server. It should be good to go when they set it via notification preference page.

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited February 2015

Are the popup notifications working?

Since notifications for comments are triggered asynchronously by javascript (meaning you won't see errors if something went wrong), you need to rule out the possibility that a plugin is causing this.

Disable all your plugins and check again.

• Options

Hi, has your problem been solved? As the moderator of my forum, I am not receiving notifications when people post. I literally have every notification box checked in my notification preferences. Shouldn't I be getting emails when someone posts to remind me to check on this in the forum?