Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is 'Opt Out' Possible, by Thread/Discussion?

Using version 2.1.8p1

We have a forum member who does not want to receive 'email notifications' on select thread(s) that he has made comments in. He does not want to change his email notification preferences overall, just wants to 'opt out' from receiving email notifications on select discussions (threads) that he has participated-in. (i.e., turn-off notifications, by thread).

Problem is, once someone has made a comment in a thread (and they have email notifications 'turned on' in their settings), they will always receive email notifications that there has been another comment made to that thread.

(Note: I don't believe this is not related to 'Bookmark', which is a different method of getting a notices of updates to a thread, without necessarily participating in the discussion).

Somehow, I seem to recall that this was possible at some point, however I do not see any option to 'opt out' of notifications on a specific thread/topic.

Please advise -