HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Emots show when in preview but not post (no edits)

I have uninstalled and re-installed 100 times. I had changed some of the emot image files and it was working but I decided to go back to the original so I deleted the file and did a re-install and now the emots only show in preview and do not show in the posts. What could possibly be wrong?

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Agent_0
    Might be a caching issue.

I use CloudFlare, and when I change Emotify images I get that until I clear the site cache from CloudFlare.

If you're not using CloudFlare, then I would suggest trying Ctrl + F5 in your browser, and failing that clear your browser cache completely.

• Options

I had cleared the cache and that didn't clear it up. We are using rice balls for now but users are not happy.

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

Are you using the version that came with vanilla or did you download the plugin from here?

• Options

I'm using Emoticons but am having the same issue, they show up in the Preview but not after submitting the post, although they do show up if you load the page again after submitting the comment. My guess is the name of the handler changed in 2.1, I'm currently looking through the code to see if I can figure out the new name and if I find it I'll let you know. If anyone else more familiar with the code already knows what it is your help would be appreciated. :)

FYI in the Emoticons plugin, the function used for this purpose looks like it's:

PostController_BeforeCommentBody_Handler

(In the comment above, it says: Hack the Post-Controller to replace Text with Emoticons in just submitted Comments)