Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Uploader duplicating image files

I'm using the uploader plugin for the purpose of uploading images, after posting the comment, 2 image files are posted, the first being the original image, the second being a broken image with the same image name on hover. How do I fix this ?

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The second image is the thumbnail, you need to make sure the uploads folder has a thumbnails folder and that it is writeable.

A link to see would help. So far this works perfectly for others. So it must be something in your setup.

edited March 2015

Please try the new version and see if it works better for you...

If your images are huge, not weight but width and height, it may not create a thumbnail.

• gees_02gees_02 New
    edited March 2015

Thanks, I'll try your suggestion and get back to you

• I used the new version but it messed up my forum. I got a blank page when I refreshed, I had to delete the Uploader folder in my plugin folder to get my forum back up. Please fix this bug

Please try version 1.3 and make sure you delete the .ini files from the cache after updating addons.

• Thanks for the comments, well just wanted to be able to upload pictures, figured out a way to go about that now. Thanks again!

• canadiencanadien New
    edited April 2015

Hi,

Looks like I can no longer ask a specific addon question (after 2.1.9 update?) so I am asking my UPLOADER addon question here. Sorry for that.

Not a big deal, but in a discussion I had attached the wrong file and when I came back to edit my post and submit a new file, the attach option was not there anymore... (I am on 2.1.8p2)

<3

You can't re attach new images to edited comments. That is the normal behavior. Would be nice to be able to re upload on an edit but you can't .

• canadiencanadien New
    edited April 2015

.... and my question title was "UPLOADER not available when editing post"

edited April 2015

You can't upload images upon editing a post. So you won't see the Uploader when you edit a post. You can't add new images or files to an edited post.

Not sure how else to explain to you that the option to upload images when editing a post is not available. You need to start a new comment to be able to upload something else...

• canadiencanadien New
    edited April 2015

Ok thanks, I was just wondering if this could be changed.... No need to explain further (for some reason your first answer did not show up before I wrote my second post).

You can always copy the text from the original comment and post a new comment with new images or files. Then delete the old comment. Only drawback is the order of the comment it would change I think.

• canadiencanadien New
    edited April 2015

Thanks vrijvlinder, will try that (actually this is what I did but without reorganizing the order). Then again sorry for my second post, it was not meant to be a reply of your post but a complement of my first post. I suppose we posted at about the same time...