HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

SignIn/SignOut vanilla forum from game created in Unity3D

Hi to all! I am implementing Vanilla Forum on my hosting for new video game :)
http://www.gamesyndicates.com/vannila

Because, game will have login/logout functionality, I was wondering can I use Vanilla SignIn/SignOut system and Vanilla database for that purpose?
I actually need php script which will do login inside video game and send me response in game, so player can continue with the game. Also the same for SignOut. It will be also prefect, If I can read user profile info from game, because I will need option to upload level files into database so other users can get and play other's users creation.

Thanx in advance! :)

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

"Signing in" requires a cookie system to exist. Do you have a "browser" engine that is capable of cookies? If you do, just request the entry form, and post the values like a standard browser would.

What you want almost certainly sounds like an API. Vanilla comes with a read-only api out of the box. There is an API application that requires 2.2 (coming out in beta soon hopefully) that has write access and doesn't require cookies.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.