Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Editing other members' signatures

Hello everyone,

I have the Signatures plugin installed on my 2.1.9 website, and I would like for certain roles to be able to edit other members' signatures (such as Moderators, and so on). However, I can't seem to have this happen. In fact, even when I assign an Admin role to others, even they can't edit signatures. Only I, the website founder, can. Everyone can, however, edit their own signatures just fine.

Is there something I'm missing or should enable? I can't quite figure it out and would appreciate any help on offer.

Thanks.

Comments

• I don't think the plugin allows it, but let the developer answer that. The best alternative i can suggest is you use Spoof Plugin, but the problem is you have to assign your moderator an admin role. the admin can login as any user and change their signature. But remember to put it in you Privacy Policy ;)

• If that's so, it's unfortunate, since I imagine signatures are something that a staff would like to be able to moderate on their own should the need arise.

But thanks nevertheless, I appreciate the suggestion.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Just from looking at the code, you might want to try the version on GitHub and give your moderation role the Garden.Users.Edit and Moderation.Signatures.Edit permission.

• @R_J said:
    Just from looking at the code, you might want to try the version on GitHub and give your moderation role the Garden.Users.Edit and Moderation.Signatures.Edit permission.

And I can activate these permissions within the dashboard like normal? I'm pretty new at this stuff stuff, so I'm not sure exactly how to do that.

Replace this 'RegisterPermissions' => array('Plugins.Signatures.Edit' => 1), with

'RegisterPermissions' => array(
        'Plugins.Signatures.Edit' => 1,
        'Garden.Users.Edit',
        'Moderation.Signatures.Edit'
    ),

• @R_J said:
    Replace this 'RegisterPermissions' => array('Plugins.Signatures.Edit' => 1), with

'RegisterPermissions' => array(
        'Plugins.Signatures.Edit' => 1,
        'Garden.Users.Edit',
        'Moderation.Signatures.Edit'
    ),

I'll give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Didn't work, unfortunately. Nothing changed and a member still cannot edit another member's signature. Is there anything else I could possibly try?

If you disable and reenable that new signatures plugin, you should be able to see those two permissions in the roles screen. Edit the moderation role and add them this rights. Afterwards, try again.

• @R_J said:
    If you disable and reenable that new signatures plugin, you should be able to see those two permissions in the roles screen. Edit the moderation role and add them this rights. Afterwards, try again.

Disabling and enabling did the trick. Thank you very much for your patience and help with this, I really appreciate it.

Solved!

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@R_J: I want the same under 2.1. Under 2.0.X editing the signature as an Administrator worked trough the frontend. The option is not shown anymore in the other users profiles. I tried adding the code above, but nothing seems to happen.

Anyone has a clue, what could help me to edit the signatures of other users in the frontend?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla