Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

(social) Plugins not showing up in list on clean install [SOLVED]

edited April 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi!

Just installed another clean install of Vanilla 2.1.9 in a clean DB.

Neither the Facebook nor the Twitter Plugin shows up in the list of plugins, although it is in the list of files in the file system.

I have a vague memory of having this problem with the facebook plugin years ago, but I can't find any relevant info right now..!

Here's the list of the plugins. Nothing has been done other than Download and Install.

Actually, when checking one of my live sites (still running Version 2.0.18.10 (really don't dare updating vanilla)), the Facebook plugin is missing from the list (but working!), and the Twitter plugin is in the list (and working).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2015

Whoops, attached the wrong image, that image was after later adding the Google Plus plugin, that is not included in the download.

Here is the first list as it appears out of the box.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Ha! They are hidden! I did not even know that this is possible: they have 'Hidden' => TRUE, in their PluginInfo array. Don't know why, maybe to make them look more "integrated". If you like to see them (although there is no reason for that) you can delete this line in both plugins. But you can enable them in the special "Social" setting of your dashboard: yourforum.com/social/manage

• Options

Ugh!

OMG I have never seen the "Forum Settings -> Social"! When was this introduced!?

Thank you! I have put so much time into investigating this, and it was right there all along...

Is this in any installation instructions, 'cause I've never heard of it before :-/

Thanks. Solved.