Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Viewing PM as one page

Hi,

I wonder if there's a hack that can be done to view private messages that has been going on for a while and has taken up few pages, to display all of the messages in one long page? I would like to save the message in a form of a PDF and were wondering if there's another way other than manually capture each page and combined them later?

Comments

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

You could increase Conversations.Conversations.PerPage in the config.php to a really high number temporarily.

• @Bleistivt thanks! But I don't have access to the server.

I found a workaround while looking at the url generated, and thought I should share this, in case if someone else is wondering how to do this.

When I look at the URL of the first page on the PM, it looked like this:

.../messages/8736/0/50/

And when I view the next page, it looked like this:

.../messages/8736/50/50/

So I played around with the url to get it display all of the messages in one page and manage to get it right. So I added this to the url to view all of the messages:

.../messages/8736/0/150/

I don't know what that means but it works. So hopefully this will benefit others who are trying to achieve the same thing, without access to the server, or being a mod in the forum.

Cheers.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@apitlekays said:
    .../messages/8736/0/150/

>

This is /messages/ConversationID/offset/limit which means you get the messages of that conversation starting from the first one (offset = zero) and limit the result to 150 messages.

If you like to print the conversation, you might like to try /messages/8736/0/150&DeliveryType=VIEW

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Note to Self - Looks like the messages controller should be modified to use the Vanilla pagination scheme.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @R_J said:

Thank you @R_J !