Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Remove imported avatars

I'm having the same issue as this user from 2010.
http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/129483#Comment_129483

I imported a forum from vBulletin and wasn't able to get the vBulletin avatars to work, so I wanted to remove all of them instead of displaying the blank error frame. I tried the query that was suggested in this post, but I didn't have any luck with it. Any recommendations for a new method?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Did you get an error back when you set the photo field to null?

Are you running any type of avatar plugins (gravatar, vanillicons, etc.)?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

No errors reported. I am running vanillicons.

• Options

Can you share a link?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Sent via PM.

• Options

I am guessing your query timed out and didn't reset all user's photo.

The imported data is being passed through the standard Vanilla transforms upon display. This generally appends a letter (indicating a specific size/version) to the beginning of the file name. Since this is legacy data, the different sizes don't exist.

You can either a) update the photo field to a full Url or b) process the avatars to create the p, and n variants.

I would personally choose option a.

A naive query would be something like: UPDATE GDN_User SET Photo = CONCAT('http://www.example.com/forum/uploads/',Photo) WHERE Photo LIKE '%avatar%';

Search first

• Options

P.S. Thanks for trying my addon Yaga. :)

Search first

• Options

Thanks so much. I'll try your recommendation.