Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

jConnect SSO problem with wordpress-vanilla forum

Hello, it all connects fine, and redirects to sites well, but when someone is logged in WordPress is not recorded in vanilla-forum Where can be the problem?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

If configured properly, jsConnect should recognize that you are signed in to WP and give a "Sign in with X site" button in the panel.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• After configuring plugins, I created a test user, log into WP but not recognized forum vanilla.

What does your vanilla install look like when you are logged in to WP?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• When I connect to WP, vanilla remains the same as if I am not connected.

If you want to try I leave the link to both platforms, though the site is in Spanish.

WP: http://www.generaciongamer.es/revista
    Vanilla: http://www.generaciongamer.es/foro

I am going to have to refer you to @vrijvlinder since I know she speaks Spanish.

Good luck!

P.S. Thanks vrijvlinder

Search first

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I do not use single sign on so I would not be of help , sorry :(

• Just a wild guess but have you tried to tick the remember me box in Wordpress ? I ran into a lot of issue with the connection and ultimately decided to give up on it since if my users ever want to log in on Wordpress, it's for commenting, and if it's for that then they can just login directly to vanilla since I use it for comment. If you situation is the same, you might want to try that.

• @Gogito dijo:
    Just a wild guess but have you tried to tick the remember me box in Wordpress ? I ran into a lot of issue with the connection and ultimately decided to give up on it since if my users ever want to log in on Wordpress, it's for commenting, and if it's for that then they can just login directly to vanilla since I use it for comment. If you situation is the same, you might want to try that.

if, however I will use bbPress or mingle forum

• @Torres_94_ said:
    if, however I will use bbPress or mingle forum

Bbpress was nice, I played with it before vanilla but it's gonna need a lot of working to get the feature you want. But then again, it works great with Wordpress. Good luck !