Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

HOW CAN I INSERT A TABLE!

I have wasted all day trying to figure it out. If only somebody tells me if it's not doable, so I don't waste so much time... When code my table it adds way too many lines above the table.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2015

Try adding the html in one single line. Or use this tool

http://www.textfixer.com/html/compress-html-compression.php

The editor adds line breaks if you add it using separate line.

example:
    This
    <table><tr><td>Some Text</td></tr></table>

Not this

`<table>
            <tr>
            <td>Some Text</td>
            </tr>
            </table>`

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited May 2015

@jbalboa don't duplicate discussions, and don't write dicussion tittles in all caps, if you want to get answered by the volunteers.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

Switch your InputFormatter to Markdown and use Markdown tables.

• Options

Thanks to all of you, but it was just too many workarounds, so I just decided to move to WordPress. In WordPress I can just copy and paste tables onto a post or add the free TablePress plugin for more dynamic tables. I liked the look of Vanilla, but the functionality is not yet there, but that's with most other forum scripts, i.e. Simple Machines, bbphp, etc.

• Options

apples and oranges.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

In WordPress I can just copy and paste tables onto a post or add the free TablePress plugin for more dynamic tables.

In Vanilla you can do the same thing , depending on if you are using the right editor the same with wordpress. You never mentioned what that was...btw

This is Forum software with blog capabilities. Wordpress is something else...
    and it has lots of neat stuff for bloggers, but it is also the most hacked software...

I liked the look of Vanilla, but the functionality is not yet there

According to you ? How can you say that when you have not even tried ? All you did was complain that YOU could not do it, however, you can't speak for everyone.
    Too bad you did not say earlier that you are no longer interested to save people the time...

• Options

@x00 said:
    apples and oranges.

@vrijvlinder
    According to you? (...) All you did was complain that YOU could not do it, however, you > can't speak for everyone.

Careful. Don't mess with him. He is the one who knocks...

• Options

:lol:

grep is your friend.