Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is that possible to make custom coin with vanilla forum?

I want to make custom coin and give it when users write thread and comment, and take it when they view threads like game :smiley:
Is there any addon or feature now?
I have installed yaga but it seams like not suite with it.

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Yaga points are not transaction-safe. I would suggest looking into KarmaBank: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/karmabank-plugin

There is even an integration option between KarmaBank and Yaga: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/karmabankyaga-plugin

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited May 2015

yes if you have programming skills you can use KarmaBank with rules for posts and use

$Item = 'DeductOnView.Discussion.' . $DiscussionID;
        $Deduct = -1; // Amount deducted
        $KarmaBank = new KarmaBankModel($UserID);
        if (!$KarmaBank->CheckForCollissions($Item, floatval($Deduct))) {
            $KarmaBank->Transaction($Item, floatval($StartingBalance));
        }

There isn't actually a hook or table that specifically handles that. You would have to store individual discussion views on view, and use that for triggering this. The current views is not specific to users just requests.

grep is your friend.

• Or better still you can create a new type of Meta so you can integrate with KarmaBank rules.

There for you set the normal CountComments and CountDiscussions rules and Set up a rule for CountDiscussionViews

If you would like to sponsor this plugin PM me.

grep is your friend.