HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What these means?

Hi all,

I'm currently researching a community that is using Vanilla Forum as the platform for interaction. Part of the study involves an observation into members activities on the forum. I need some clarification on some of the terms used in the Forum.

Part of the profile view displays a set of member's information, including date joined, visits, roles, points, badges etc2. I would like to have a bit of a clarity in terms of what this information represent.

1. Does 'visit' logs the number of logins the user made throughout his/her membership in the community, or does it actually counted the number of visits the user made?, and
  2. How does a user earn points?

Really appreciate it if anybody can shed some light onto this.

Cheers,

Hafiz

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

1. Visits are determined as any activity while logged in that is longer than 20 minutes from the previous visit.
    2. The points system in use here is part of the gamification addons that are hosted only. There is a pseudo-equivalent for the OS version called Yaga (disclaimer: I wrote Yaga).

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.