Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Users unable to login to forum (ported from phpbb3.1 to vanilla 2.1.10)

Hi

I have to manually send a member a reset password to allow them them to log in. They are trying to log in using their old accounts imported from phpbb3.1

I have run the following query via phpbbMyadmin:

update GDN_User set HashMethod = 'Reset' where Admin < 1;

But now the three users I manually sent reset email to have to be reset again. as the recovery didnt work and reset all acount I guess?

Ive also got them to try and login via : http://pc-forums.co.uk/vanilla/entry/password

still doesnt work.

I have just a tad under 600 members, of which I would estimate 150 are fairly regular. Remembering who they are and then manually sending out a email to each isn't going to be good fun!

Can anyone help? Is there a way to mass email all member a reset password email or is there a way to get them on with their original login details?

Regards

CC

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

By changing the HashMethod to Reset, the next time a user tries to log in, they should be redirected to the reset password request form.

Is this not happening?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Hi hgtonight

yes, they are getting redirected and they are entering a new password (or maybe the same password) but its not letting them log in after that process.

the only way I can get them on the board is by manually sending a email that allow them to reset.

so far 3 users have tried it and failed, cant say if its anymore than that as I only keep in touch with 3 of them outside the forum

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

They should receive an automated email when they request a new password.

Are you thinking these emails are not being sent?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

just tested it myself and it works fine.

Im putting it down to PEBCAK

Thank you for your attention on this but for now I dont think there really is a issue.