Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Wiki Offline?

Hi guys,

does someone know whats happened to the vanilla wiki? http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/

It seems like its not available anymore. Is there an alternative link?

yougeen

Best Answer

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for the heads up. @hbf graciously donates server space for the community wiki. Any news hbf?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Last Active
    September 2014

Hope he's not gone for good. Does anyone have a backup of the wiki?

@almostbasic said:
    Last Active
    September 2014

Hope he's not gone for good. Does anyone have a backup of the wiki?

I had a backup at some point, but I think that is on my old laptop. There is a webcache on google for specific articles.

Probably be a good thing to port that over to something a little less prone to spam.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• How much traffic did it get? As long as it's nothing crazy, I have a server I could offer up some space on.

• please bring the server up :awesome:

@Adrian said:
    It's a shame that the wiki has gone offline. Hopefully we get a definitive answer on it's future. I should mention, we do have official docs for open source here: http://docs.vanillaforums.com/developers/

We have tried our best to bring over the old docs, but we also welcome contributions to fill in the gaps and make it better.

Learn more here: https://github.com/vanilla/vanilladocs

I was in the process of porting the data out because the wiki was letting so much SPAM through. Then we switched to whitelisting accounts and it just became too much.

I can't seem to find my backup. :(

Looks like we will have to re-crawl the site.

Search first

• FYI it's online again =)

• This is great, I was looking for something like that... :)

• AWESOME! Thanks @hbf !

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited June 2015

@Yougeen said:
    FYI it's online again =)

I reached out to @hbf. It was a small hiccup. Please note we can always use your help to fill the official docs too, so don't be shy to contribute in either spot .. :)