Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Announcement Separator

Hi guys,

Is there any form of plugin that will allow me to separate the announcements from the other threads.

I just want like a spacer or two line breaks at the top of my forums to separate the announcement threads from the normal threads.

Also as an additional question is there anyway to re-order my announced posts so they display in a certain order?

Thanks in advance for anyone who replies and tried to help.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2015

Use css in your custom.css file for your theme... Use a web inspector to help you make new css rules for things.

ul.DataList.Discussions li.Item.Announcement{
    background:#666;
    border:2px solid red;
    }

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Rickeo said:
    Also as an additional question is there anyway to re-order my announced posts so they display in a certain order?

Welcome to the community!

The display order defaults to the date of the announcement. You can fudge the date by editing the discussion, IIRC.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.