Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[MOD] Online status badges

ozonorojoozonorojo
edited June 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have modified the "OnlineNow" 3.4 plugin to integrate the functionality of the "Online Users" plugin. The original plugin hasn't been updated for a while and requires "WhosOnline", which is equally outdated.

The added functionality consists on displaying online status badges in the user's meta area in discussions. I might look into adding the badges to conversations and user profiles later.

Why did I integrate the functionality inside of OnlineNow? To avoid redundancy. The original "Online Users" replicates most of the code and database queries that OnlineNow already executes. It is much more sensible to combine them into a single plugin.

Try at your own risk.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You could consider releasing it here as your own plugin.

Giving credit where credit is due of course. :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I merely put together pieces that others had written before and cleaned up the resulting code a bit, so I wouldn't feel comfortable calling it my own.

Maybe @vrijvlinder could have a look at my modified version and consider adopting the changes in the next update of the original. He can probably make it better than I did.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I will check it out as soon as I have some time . If it works I will update the plugin with your mods ASAP . This is a community supported plugin that several people have contributed improvements . Thanks for your contribution ;)

• BlueK1BlueK1 New
    edited August 2015

Thx for your work but have some problems with your plugin

The plugin works and i see the curent user online, but when i want to change something in the plugin settings (like the time) in the dashboard and press "save" than
    "Plugins.OnlineNow.Location.Show wird benötigt." "Plugins.OnlineNow.Frequency wird benötigt." shows up on the header.

I use the latest github version of Vanilla

Edit:

never mind i must set the place where the plugin should show up than no erro message shows up.

• Good you got that sorted out.

• Thank you for this plugin, can i ask a question guys?

How do i position this above the categories? The default location is under the categories.