Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Notification Emails are the only ones being sent

edited June 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have had this problem on every vanilla forum I've runned. So I'm not doing something right here! But any email that I actually need to send doesn't send. :p I think it is a scripts issue to be honest as the notification emails send, but the password reset ones don't. I am using 2.2 but this was a problem that I had with 2.1 and versions before it. To elaborate further, the confirmation emails, the password reset, and just about every other email doesn't send. I've tried using my host's STMP server but that doesn't seem to fix anything. I've tried email accounts that aren't attached to my host and I still have the same issue.

Comments

• Have you tried your smtp with a basic email client to see if it works?

• @kamaleon said:
    Have you tried your smtp with a basic email client to see if it works?

Yep. That seems to work. Except all of the emails except notifications end up in the junk mail.

• What notifications do you get from a basic client?

• @kamaleon said:
    What notifications do you get from a basic client?

I get the PM notifications but nothing else. And I have wall notifications and when someone posts in my discussion enabled.

• If you are getting notifications, you should get them all if they are properly setup in your profile.

It works for me.

If it is a 2.2 problem, then an admin might help you.

• @kamaleon said:
    If you are getting notifications, you should get them all if they are properly setup in your profile.

It works for me.

If it is a 2.2 problem, then an admin might help you.

Well. I'll check the files and everything. Maybe it is the fact that .tk domains might be blacklisted by some email servers.

• If it were the case, it would blacklist all your emails, not just some.

• @kamaleon said:
    If it were the case, it would blacklist all your emails, not just some.

I just tested it with a test account and they all send. Everything except notifications end up in spam though.

• Move it to the non spam folder.

I've had many good emails in my spam folder, that does not mean it will always happen!