Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Plugin Enable Problem

Hey guys i'm running 2.1.11 and i just got the whole site up and running. Now the problem i am running into is that the config.php file doesn't seem to want to be written to when i make a change. I can manually enable a plugin form the config file with nano in root, however when i make a change on Vanilla itself, the changes are never written, thus the changes are never made on the site. Any help would be appreciated on this.

Debian 8.1 Minimal
Vanilla 2.1.11

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Make sure the config.php has write permissions. Disable all the plugins you had enabled by putting FALSE instead of TRUE in the config and try again in the dashboard after deleting the .ini files in the cache .

• Options

So i made sure that the file had write permissions and the issue is still happening.
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 www-data www-data 6735 Jul 3 18:59 config.php

I ran chmod 777 on the file and the file reverts back to "-rwxrwxr-x"

Im not really sure what to do from here.

• Options

Also i deleted all the ini files from the cache folder and the same thing seems to be happening.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You need to contact your host so they can fix your permissions. File permissions is one thing and owner user permissions is another.

• Options

I own the server. This is running out of my house.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Sometimes you cannot enable a plugin because it has errors. Sometimes you can enable them and didn't notice that you did because of some caching issues. If you cannot write to your configuration, than the setup would have failed.

Enable some plugin in the dashboard and then take a look later on if that functionality is available. If you can, Whitelist the configuration so that it doesn't get cached (from opcache - I'm not speaking of vanilla cache )

• Options

Sorry i think that was a miscommunication. I meant i have ownership of the server and i can change anything if need be. I changed the ownership of the file to root to see if that would do anything, and it still wasn't working correctly. Is the www-data not what its supposed to be?

• Options

Thanks for the help guys, my friend was helping me and we got it working. :)