Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can YAGA Reactions Trigger Notifications?

My users would like a notification each time their post gets a 'Like'. Some might find that annoying, some not, is it possible?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

It is possible. It wouldn't be added to core, but there could be a plugin made to handle the ReactionModel_AfterReactionSave event.

I don't want to add it to the core because reactions can be added and changed very easily (by design), making the notification plugin non-trivial if you want to remove the notifications of non-existent reaction.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• How simple would this plugin be, could you develop it?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@hgtonight said:
    ...making the notification plugin non-trivial...

I don't want to develop it for the sake of developing it (this is not a feature my community wants nor an approach I would learn something from).

If you would like to sponsor or commission a plugin, you can PM me (or any other developer) your budget and design requirements.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.