Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Reactions not showing on Chrome & CM Browser

Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Hi, HG... :awesome:

Just to let you know:

After switching to 2.2b1 and Bootstrap as theme, I also installed your YAGA... amazing work!!! :+1::heart:

One user just told me, that he can't check any reactions... it hovers over quote, whats difficult on a Mobile phone...

Then I checked some more browsers:

Firefox=ok
Opera=ok
Internal S5 Browser=ok
Chrome= NOT ok
CM Browser= NOT ok

"ok" means it shows all possible reactions directly without hover, "not ok" means it works just with hover over quote.

how can I disable hover, so it shows all the time? couldn't find it in css...

ThX... ;)

Comments

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

I am running Vanilla 2.1.11 VBS3 theme in Chrome and also see reactions only when I hover over the the discussion. So the issue may be there pre-2.2b1.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Dr_Sommer said:

CM Browser= NOT ok

What is CM browser?

The hover effect is completely CSS based. You could modify, or override, the visibility property on the reaction record. Below are the pertinent parts of reactions.css that cause the hover effect:

.Item:hover .Reactions a {
      width: inherit;
    }

.Item .Reactions > * {
      visibility: hidden;
    }
    .Item .Reactions > *.Visible {
      visibility: visible;
    }
    .Item.Open .Reactions > *,
    .Item:hover .Reactions > *,
    .Item .Reactions > .FlagMenu {
      visibility: visible;
    }

/* iPad/iPhone */
    @media only screen and (device-width: 768px),
    only screen and (max-device-width: 480px) {
      .Item .Reactions > * { visibility: visible; }
    }

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

That worked! Thats @hgtonight !!!

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

ThX HG.... will look into it first thing Monday... as always... it's WeekenDPachtyTime... :lol:

@rbrahmson:
    Did you correct the hover error on Chrome mobile or did you just deactivate hover?

edited July 2015

@Dr_Sommer - I heeded to @hgtonight advice, went into the Yaga\design\reactions.css and made the following change (and as is my habit, commented the change):

.Item .Reactions > * {
      visibility: visible;  /*PA visibility: hidden;  */
    }

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭
    edited July 2015

ThX HG, ThX rbrahmson... hover is now off for PC and Mobile... :+1:

p.s.:
    @hgtonight: CM Browser I'm a Browser addict and use all of them... hehehe... :D