Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

MeModule not shown on Profile Pages

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi all,

Currently the MeModule (MeBox) is not shown on the profile pages of my forum. It's shown everywhere else and i want to give my users a continuos design appearance (especially on mobile it's important).

What could be the reason or how can i add the MeModule also to the Profile pages?

Thanx, phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

phreak articulated: What could be the reason or how can i add the MeModule also to the Profile pages?

reason - could be it is extraneous information on the profile page and to some people unnecessary.

Trigger on event

AddModule routine

make sure it is not hidden after you add it.

(search with AddModule will lead to numerous discussions on adding modules).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited August 2015

@peregrine: Thanx for your hints. To bad i don't understand this terminology.

You mean that i should look for an event that those pages who are missing the module have in common and should add the module routine there.

Or is it another way: Trigger the module on all pages and check for double appearances of it and tell the system to only deliver it there once.

I guess the themehooks are the right file for this or?

/** Add MeBox Module */
    public function ProfileController_Render_Before($Sender) {
    $this->AddModule($Sender, 'userboxmodule');
    }

?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

in addition to the above logical steps, one might consider...

make sure it is not hidden before one adds it.
    requirements:

• knowledge of a web developer tool, and
    • a tiny bit of effort looking
    • and a knowledge of css.

my opinion: if one needs to add it, add it with specificity via asset or page or whatever.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.