Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How is the mobile theme chosen?

I've installed the latest 2.1 branch of VanillaForums via git clone -- I'm planning to create a custom theme for the forums, so that when I do updates via git pull it won't overwrite my custom theme.

However, one thing I'm not clear on is how to properly customize the mobile theme. I don't see any way in the AdminCP to choose what theme should be used for the mobile theme. How is this theme chosen?

It seems to "automagically" use the theme named "mobile" if I'm accessing the site via a mobile device. After much Googling, I couldn't find an answer as to how this theme is chosen, or if there is a setting to override it.

I'd rather not have any customizations I make to the mobile theme get wiped out when I do a git pull to update VanillaForums.

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

There's a config setting Garden.MobileTheme that controls it. Simply set it to a different theme slug. We've added it as a menu item in 2.2. It uses device useragent detection to decide whether to serve mobile.

• Options

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Thank you @peregrine and @Linc! Peregrin, I wish that page came up in my searching.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

@khalwat said:
    Thank you peregrine and Linc! Peregrin, I wish that page came up in my searching.

yeah, it would probably be advantageous if discussions in tutorials category came up first in the search by a priortizing mechanism.

maybe someday vorgo could skim through the categories and tag them with optimal keywords. But then again,

http://vanillaforums.org/categories/tutorials only 93 tutorials :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.