Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Guests can't read discussions, instead Login appears

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi all,

I have the interesting problem that guests can't read discussions under 2.2. They can browse the /discussions page and all categories, but once clicked the get forwarded to the login page.

I just made an update from 2.0.X. So that might be the reason. The user settings seem ok to me. They say guest can read discussions.

?!

Thanx for help, phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited August 2015

Have you mapped your old roles to the standard roles?

See the "Standard: guest" here
    You can set it in the edit menu.

• Options
    edited August 2015

Ok, it seemed that every role needed to have another save to work again. Thanx @Bleistivt.

I'm checking different browsers now, it's not working on Safari still, maybe some Cache issue?! Weird.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Uh, now thats crazy! I have an update.

Firefox is having this behaviour also which means that guests can't read the discussions (same as Mobiel Safari). Only Chrome shows me the discussions.

?!?!

Does anyone have an idea, why two browser are redirecting to the login while another one behaves normal. Haven't seen anything like that before.

• Options

Ok, i found out that some users who are signed in, can also not read threads that are written by me or in a specific category (not sure).

I remember that there was a discussion about resetting the roles of everything in Vanilla. It was in relation to an upgrade like i did. I guess that is what i need to do now. Can anyone point me to a way how this can be done smoothly.

Thanx a lot, phreak

• Options

Ok i got it.

The problem was generated through the NoIndex Plugin. It seems to have issues with latest versions 2.2.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/noindex-plugin

Maybe @Linc will look into this.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Plugin appears to work fine in 2.2, so I'd need some sort of actual details to follow up on that claim.

• Options

Yes i help were i can. One of the things that were obvious was that the URL hat the login parameters inside and THEN added the page path or the opened discussion. So the correct url seemed to be sidechained by the login page.

I will also re-check my routes (i'm not quite familiar with the usage) maybe it has something to do with that.

Greetz, phreak