Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Adding the comment text to notification e-mails sent out

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi all,

I remember that there was a solution that allowed adding the text of a comment to the mails that are sent to the users.
I couldn't find the plugin or the fix how this was made here in the forums.

Anyone have this in use and can point me towards how to do that?

Thanx, phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
Tagged:

Comments

• It is Vanilla.Activity.ShowCommentBody

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

phreax said: I remember that there was a solution

welcome to the community, new user.

yes this question was asked and answered so many times. I added it to the

FAQ last year. see question 13.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28420/faq-what-frequently-asked-questions/p1

also could be found in tutorials by looking at list of config statements, if one didn't want to use the searchbox.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Thank you guys for pointing me towards it. And peregrine regarding "new user". Please work on your politeness it hasn't evolved ever since. It's ok to get an adult somwhere soon and it means that insulting people can be left behind.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

Thank you guys for pointing me towards it

Always an unimaginable pleasure assisting you.
    Thanks for the jokes and humor that you provide, Phreak. You are a daring devil riding on a dark horse.

the FAQ is for both new users and old users alike
    (the FAQ is age and longevity agnostic).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Phreak,

may I add you are the master of Schmäh

http://www.austria.info/uk/the-austrian-way/schmaeh-a-lesson-in-austrian-humour-1132257.html

me and v are always laughing at your jokes.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited August 2015

Well, to be honest,phreak, member for 8 years, you do sometimes ask novice questions... >:)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3 The Joy of Schmäh. I love it. <3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

@phreak said:I have nothing about humor

true. but I still loves your jokes mein phreak. Me thinks you are bending out of shape and your knickers are betwixt and between. We are all new. We are all novices. We are all equal, just some more equal than others. :)

I was wondering how you have been on here for 10 years or so, and still haven't mastered the search box as evidenced by your questions. But now I realize it is NOT all your fault but is my fault for making an assumption that the search engine works. I think there is some sort of problem with the search engine (or something I don't quite understand about it).

e.g.

if I put this phrase from the faq in the search engine.

show the actual text of a new comment in a notification?

e.g.

http://vanillaforums.org/search?adv=&amp;search=show+the+actual+text+of+a+new+comment+in+a+notification?&amp;title=&amp;author=&amp;cat=all&amp;tags=&amp;discussion_d=1&amp;discussion_question=1&amp;comment_c=1&amp;comment_answer=1&amp;page_p=1&amp;within=1+day&amp;date=

it WILL NOT put the FAQ in the search results.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/219279/#Comment_219279

But I agree with you if the FAQ were in tutorials it would be easier to find for you and the other new comers

so until the search engine is fixed to find text in a discussion, I will not suggest to you that your answers can be found by searching.

could be the search can't find things in bold tags or doesn't search all discussions, or the ? creates a problem.

In closing, phreak and other new comers you may be able to search for your answers better before asking often asked questions if you use google search instead of vanilla search.

e.g. https://www.google.com/search?q=site:vanillaforums.org+show+the+actual+text+of+a+new+comment+in+a+notification?

Let's be careful not to be inflammatory. Just facts devoid of opinions :anguished:

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

@Vorgo

please close this discussion. question is fully answered.

please feel free to split discussion about "potentially faulty search engine" or please provide tutorial on what to search for if exact text in a thread can't be found.

also. feel free to change title of

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28420/faq-what-frequently-asked-questions/p1

to just plain "Unsupported FAQ until a better one is made".

and vorgo while you are at it please move it to, tutorials since the search engine can't find certain phrases in the discussion body of the FAQ.

If the FAQ helps at least two people, my mission in life is complete. and I know it helped one person, they told me. So ...

@phreak

did you find the FAQ helpful? If so, please provide an invoice stating that FAQ was helpful with notarizations from the authorities.

brought to you by the #1 FAQ shop. all FAQs work in vanilla 2.1.

Don't kill the FAQ messenger, I'm only the messenger.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

Gibt es ein Moderator im Dienst

Gibt es ein Moderator im Haus

Die FAQ kann nicht in Search gefunden werden so bewegt FAQ Tutorials Kategorie würde , neue Leute für die Gemeinschaft zu helfen,

不能在搜索中發現的常見問題FAQ移動類教程會,新人們的社會幫助,

Ceisteanna Coitianta Ní féidir a fháil i Cuardaigh ar athraíodh a ionad a bheadh ​​Ceisteanna Coitianta Ranganna Teagaisc catagóir , daoine nua leis an bpobal chun cabhrú ,

खोज में पाया नहीं जा सकता पूछे जाने वाले प्रश्न , पूछे जाने वाले प्रश्न ट्यूटोरियल वर्ग , समुदाय के लिए नए लोगों की मदद करने के लिए होगा चले गए

שאלות נפוצות לא ניתן למצואבחיפוש עברו קטגוריה הדרכות שאלות נפוצות היה , אנשים חדשים לקהילה כדי לעזור ,

• mtschirsmtschirs ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015

@peregrine: Might have to do with http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/30569/addon-downloads-broken#latest - now addons and search are broken / restricted (search only shows 10 results as of late)

• thanks. @mtschirs