Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Blank Discussion Body

edited August 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi.

Bit of a strange request but is it possible to allow the body of a discussion to be blank as long as it has a title? Thank you

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

it can look blank, but without a code change you can't leave it empty.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I guess you might be interested in this discussion: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/14175/disable-the-body-is-required-message

• Options

@R_J said:
    I guess you might be interested in this discussion: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/14175/disable-the-body-is-required-message

Thanks for that, it worked like a charm. I had searched already but couldn't find it. Now I just need to move a few things around on the page. Namely, 'DiscussionHeader' needs to be above 'PageTitle'. Hopefully this won't be too hard to do if I can locate the right file.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

Namely, 'DiscussionHeader' needs to be above 'PageTitle'.

do you just want the title repeated in body if null body? (effectively similar without getting rid of Page Title.).

public function DiscussionController_BeforeDiscussionBody_Handler($Sender) {
                $Discussion = $Sender->EventArguments['Discussion'];
                  if ($Discussion->Body == "") {
                    echo $Sender->Title($Discussion->Name);
               }
    }