HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

All email notification options are disabled, still getting emails

I participate in a forum that recently switched over to Vanilla. I have disabled ALL of the email notification preferences, yet I still get emails when a) someone accepts my answer, b) someone answers my question, or c) responds to a thread I have participated in.

My question is, is this a bug in Vanilla, or is it a configuration problem on the server? If it is a configuration problem, what settings could cause this to occur?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options

Hello? Vanilla?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

My question is, is this a bug in Vanilla, or is it a configuration problem

try re-setting and saving again. if that doesn't work...

what version of vanilla. not aware of any bugs regarding this.
    what plugins are installed. can you post a copy of config.php with private info deleted. Can you look in user table and post the info in preferences column in the table itself. Are you the only one with problem. What does the administrator say. Was this a port, if so, a port from what to what.

Could be there is a plugin installed that you as a user have no control over.

do you have admin privs?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I am not an admin, or even an employee, for the company (Plex) whose forum I'm using. I have asked for the version number, but no one seems to know. All they say is it's "the hosted version," and they have not responded to my problem reports. That's kinda what led me to ask here.

I do not have access to config files or the database, and I don't know what plugins are installed.

At least one other user has responded saying they are having the same problem.

• Options

Oh, and I have changed settings and re-saved numerous times, with no change in behavior.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

@r_j why do the guys from germany have clear concise answers? can't you guys ramble :wink:

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Thanks to both of you for your help.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@peregrine said:
    r_j why do the guys from germany have clear concise answers? can't you guys ramble :wink:

German is the perfect language to built up sentences everyone has to read at least 3 times before he can make sense of anything that has been said. And you have no idea how I would love to post in epic prose, but if you are forced to use a foreign language as a vehicle for your communication, you tend to take the shortest route... :frown: