Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Collapsible categories in modern layout of categories page

How to collapse sub categories and make it available to expand on click in modern layout of categories page?

Comments

• do you have any jquery skills, or do you just want someone to provide one for you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• No I don't have but I'll try to learn
    How to do it?

• Step by Step for a clickable collapsible categories in modern layout of categories page

Two assumptions made -

Assumption 1 - you can copy and paste the changes correctly.

Assumption 2 - you are not using expandable categories plugin.

if you are using it already clone the plugin and name it something else.

1) download expandable categories plugin

2) change the expandablecategories.css file in the design folder of the plugin.

change

padding-left: 20px;

to

padding-left: 0px;

change ALL instances of ul.PanelCategories to ul.CategoryList

change ALL instances of center to left

3) In the js/expandablecategories.js

change ALL instances of ul.PanelCategories to ul.CategoryList

4) in class.expandablecategories.plugin.php

change the word Base to CategoriesController

and comment out the if statement and the closing } of the if statement , it is not needed now, after controller is changed.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

unexpanded

expanded one parent