Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Replacing MeModule Items Images With Text

Persian TigerPersian Tiger /etc/shadow New
edited August 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello All :)

I am Interested With Replacing MeModule Sprite Images With Texts ! :D

Any Dyanamic Ways ?! ( I Mean Do Vanilla Let Me do it dynamic ? :confused: )

Tnx <3

Comments

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited August 2015

You can do it with CSS

.MeMenu em {
      display: inline;
    }
    .MeMenu .Sprite {
      display: none;
    }

• Persian TigerPersian Tiger /etc/shadow New

I Want To Change Their Content Dyanamicly ! .....

Not Hiding Them ! :|;)

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Persian Tiger

Have you tried the solution suggested?

I rather suspect the answer is 'No'.

edited August 2015

:|

I rather suspect the answer is 'No'.

Why do you think this way !? I know with hiding sprite image , There Will Be no image and title Attribute will show there as a Text ! :|

But I Want To Use My OWN Text ! Or Maybe Font Icons !

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

OK

Good luck.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

You would get "better" answers, if you frame your question better. But, some of your questions are so ambiguous or seem to border on trolling. And I am starting to wonder if you are indeed trolling! GIGO

I almost hesitated responding, but I figure I give you benefit of the doubt ....

Any Dyanamic Ways ?

Dynamic can mean many things, in many contexts. what do you mean? you point to a link that really means nothing in the scheme of things...

do you mean, can you change attributes or parameters in a tpl the same way.
    but with modules.

e.g.

{module name="MeModule" CssClass="Inline"}

But I Want To Use My OWN Text !

what does that have to do with dynamic?

of course you are fully aware you can change text of the items in memodule via definitions. and you CAN make them dynamic depending how you program things.
    If you are not fully aware - see docs and tutorials how to change words "dynamically".

Or Maybe Font Icons !

Perhaps you should state what you want to do exactly. nothing stopping you from changing icons either. Sometimes no one technique is better than the other. It all depends on the circumstances.

you said you are a "professional" php programmer. Reading the docs and tutorials will help you greatly.

then post an image of what you plan to change, also give examples of what you don't want to do (because you already know how to do that). Then maybe give a reason why it is important to do it a certain way instead of another way. It will save you from getting perfectly good correct answers, but not the ones you want because you can't sufficiently explain what you want.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Just copy over the me.php file into your theme's views folder and edit it as you want....

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

@vrijvlinder said:
    Just copy over the me.php file into your theme's views folder and edit it as you want....

that wouldn't be "dynamic" :) and of course he knows that already as a possiblity.

or he could hide the memodule and create pt-module.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited August 2015

@peregrine said:
    that wouldn't be "dynamic"

I have no idea what that is :P it could be anything. Someone said to me that I was dynamic ... but maybe they said demonic ... can't quite recall ;)>:)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

they always said you were "dynamitic".

where did you leave the cuff links? and "how long is the piece of string"

do you still have the box for the computer?

Hello :)

I should thank everyone for response .

I know in an international forums explaining a problem is so difficult , so understanding it is much more hard.

I think I Should Work myself and anytime I solved my problem I will feedback here .

Regards <3