Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is there a way to sink all discussions on recent discussion page?

ProsperProsper ✭✭
edited September 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is there a way (may be a plugin) to sink all discussions on recent discussion page?
This will prevent a discussion on recent discussion page from being 'bumped' back to the top of the list when new comments are posted.
Version 2.1.11.

Tagged:

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

there is no plugin that sinks multiple discussions. you need to sink each one individually.

what is your real goal? kind of a strange request to have all discussions sunk.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You might want to change the discussion sort field to d.DateInserted instead of the default d.DateUpdated.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/180112/#Comment_180112

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• ProsperProsper ✭✭
    edited October 2015

@peregrine and @hgtonight - thank you for your comments.
    I intend having all discussion topics on recent discussion page ONLY (homepage) sunk (reason: to keep current news topics on top) while discussion topics listed on any other category is left not sunk as default. Is this possible? Can a plugin achieve this?

• as an alternative - perhaps it will give you what you want.

go to your dashboard choose

home page

then sort the cateogries you want to

then organize the categories in dashboard catgoriies put the categories you want to be at the top at the top.

you can adjust the number of discussions per category via.

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Discussions']['PerCategory'] = '5';

the home page selections result in this:

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Categories']['Layout'] = 'mixed';
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Discussions']['Layout'] = 'modern';
    $Configuration['Routes']['DefaultController'] = array('categories', 'Internal');

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.